As global industry continues to demand more energy, the oil and gas industry continues to provide. To extract these precious resources, petroleum engineers continue to overcome challenges with solutions that even a few decades ago would have seemed impossible. As the technology opens more areas to exploration and extraction, the range of well concentrations continue to pose a challenge to the material used in drilling, pumping, and processing the crude oil.
Central Wire has developed Specialty Alloys to combat even the most corrosive downhole environments. With the technical support of the Central Wire global group of companies, GD™-SUPA® Slicklines are engineered to withstand the broadest range of potential corrosives: from high carbon dioxide concentration and Chlorine, as well as the presence of Hydrogen Sulfide, our slickline alloys perform. Below is a listing of the high performance alloys we have selected to support our global slickline customers. Click on a specific alloy to learn more and download the GD™-SUPA® product data sheet. If you have questions or would like a formal quotation, don't hesitate to contact us today to learn more.
- GD316™ - CWI GD316 is austenitic stainless steel line suitable for well conditions wit medium concentration of CO2 (up to 30%) and low Chlorides (up to 2.5%) with no H2S present.
- GD22™ / SUPA40® - CWI GD22™ / SUPA 40® ( UNS S31803 / S32205) is austenitic stainless steel line suitable for well conditions where CO2 does not exceed 30%, providing chlorides do not exceed 2-3% with no H2S is present.
- GD31Mo™ / SUPA75® - CWI GD31Mo™ / SUPA75® (UNS N08926) is a “super austenitic “ stainless steel with very good general corrosion resistance and pitting resistance in aggressive environments containing high concentrations of CO2, H2S and Cl. GD31Mo offers superior corrosion resistance and mechanical properties to those of GD316.
- GD35Mo™ - CWI GD35Mo™ (UNS N08028) is a “super austenitic” stainless steel with very good general corrosion resistance and pitting resistance in aggressive environments containing high concentrations of CO2, H2S and Cl. GD35Mo offers superior corrosion resistance and mechanical properties to those of GD316.
- GD37Mo™ - CWI GD37Mo™ slickline wireline is a super austenitic stainless steel with increased chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen content suitable for extremely sour gas and oil well conditions with CO2, H2S and Chlorides present. GD37Mo™ is characterized by excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in sour well environments, as well as resistance to both localized and general corrosion.
- GD39Mo™ / SUPA80® - CWI GD39Mo™ / SUPA80® (UNS N08031) is the latest offering in our series of “super austenitic” stainless steel wirelines with a PREN >50 it possesses very good general corrosion and pitting resistance in aggressive environments containing high concentrations of CO2, H2S and Cl, with breaking loads greater than GD31Mo / SUPA 75.
- GD50™ - CWI GD50™ (UNS R30035) is a cobalt based alloy that possesses good ductility and break strength and will withstand extremely sour well conditions.
- SUPA®-GD100™ - SUPA®-GD100™ slickline wireline is a highly alloyed duplex stainless suitable for well conditions with aggressive concentrations of CO2, H2S and Chlorides.
Our metallurgical knowledge allows us to provide the best performance available, and our global stocking locations allow us to get these solutions to you quickly. We have GD™-SUPA® slickline stock available on two continents, and can ship within 24 hours to keep your operation running. We are a global leader in stainless steel wire manufacture, and with our experience and resources we can offer the highest value available for these and many other wire products. Whether you need engineered slickline alloys to help with sour wells, shaped wire to maintain well screens, demister pads, and other filters, or welding wire to maintain piping and other refining infrastructure, Central Wire can provide you a solution -- all through the same team of wire experts. Visit centralwire.com to learn more about all the wire products we offer.