As industries around the world push for higher and higher levels of performance in their materials, metallurgists continue to develop new and exciting alloys to meet today's challenges. Regardless of the environment, strain, or temperature that today's specialty metals need to operate in, there are choices available to engineer a range of solutions in a variety of applications. Combining the global resources of the Central Wire Group of Companies, including our metallurgical knowledge and production experience, Central Wire can provide the highest quality solutions, including the right alloy for your application, each and every time.
Temperature present a unique challenge when working with metals -- the ability to select alloys that can maintain their strength and yield during high heat applications, but that are able to be processed in temperature ranges that make them viable for use in industry. Central Wire offers a selection of Specialty Alloys that can be processed economically but can also provide high temperature resistance. If you are developing solutions that require operation in a challenging high temperature environment, take a moment to review the choice below.
- Inconel® 600 - CWI Nickel Specialty Series Inconel 600 is a non-magnetic, nickel-chromium solid solution strengthened alloy with excellent carburization and good oxidation resistance at elevated temperature. UNS N06600 – Cr: 14.0-17.0%, Fe: 6.0-10.0% and Ni: 72.0% minimum per ASTM B166
- Inconel® 601 -CWI Nickel Specialty Series 601 is a nickel-chromium-iron alloy offering a great resistance to heat and corrosion with good workability. UNS N06601 – Al: 1.0-1.7%, Cr: 21.0-25.0% and Ni: 58.0-63.0% with full chemistry to ASTM B166
- Inconel® 718 - CWI Nickel Specialty Series 718 is a precipitation hardenable nickel-based alloy designed to display exceptionally high yield, tensile and creep-rupture properties at temperature up to 1300°F (704°C). UNS N07718 – Cb: 4.75-5.50%, Cr: 17.0-21.0%, Mo: 2.8-3.3%, Ni: 50.0-55.0%, Ti: 0.65-1.15%
- Hastelloy X® - CWI Specialty Series Hastelloy X® is a solid solution strengthened nickel-based alloy that provides outstanding oxidation resistance and maintains its strength at elevated temperatures. UNS N06002 – Co: 0.5-2.5%, Cr: 20.5-23.0%, Fe: 17.0-20.0%, Mo: 8.0-10.0%, W: 0.20-1.0 and Ni: Balance with full chemistry to AMS 5754
- 35-19Cb - CWI Nickel Prime Series 35-19Cb is an austenitic nickel-chromium alloy, similar to 330 with addition of niobium (columbium). It is suitable for high temperature application up to 2012°F (1100°C).
- 330 - CWI Nickel Prime Series 330 is an austenitic nickel-chromium alloy that offers excellent oxidation as well as carburization resistance up to 2200°F (1200°C). UNS N08330 – Cr: 17.0-20.0%, Ni: 34.0-37.0%, Si: 0.75-1.5% and Sn: 0.025% max with full chemistry to AMS 5716
L605 - CWI Nickel Prime Series L605 is an austenitic cobalt-base superalloy with good formability, high strength to 1500°F (816°C) and good oxidation resistance to 2000°F (1093°C). UNS R30605 – Cr: 19.0-21.0%, Ni: 9.0-11.0%, W: 14.0-16.0% and Co: Balance per ASTM F90
Selecting a High Temperate Alloy can help prolong the life of your products in extreme environments. Let Central Wire engineering team help you in selecting the right alloy to meet the performance requirements of your application. Whether you need spring wire, shaped wire, slicklines, or bulk round wire, contact us today.
Visit www.centralwire.com to learn more.