As industries around the world push for higher and higher levels of performance in their materials, metallurgists continue to develop new and exciting alloys to meet today's challenges. Regardless of the environment, strain, or temperature that today's specialty metals need to operate in, there are choices available to engineer a range of solutions in a variety of applications. Combining the global resources of the Central Wire Group of Companies, including our Metallurgical Knowledge and production experience, Central Wire can provide the highest quality solutions, including the right alloy for your application, each and every time.
Corrosion is and has always been a challenge to incorporating metals into your products. In applications where environments can vary, such as oil and gas, transportation, and aerospace, preparing your products for the wide range of potential interactions with the environment can be difficult. Central Wire offers an assortment of high Corrosion resistant alloys that can operate across a wide spectrum of environments. We've listed several of those alloys below to help understand their qualities, and to aide in your specification of the proper alloy in your application.
- Monel® 400 - CWI Nickel Specialty Series Monel 400 is a nickel-copper alloy with superior corrosion resistance in a wide variety of media.
UNS N04400 – Ni: 63.0-70.0% and Cu: 28.0-34.0% with full chemistry to ASTM B164
- Monel® K500 - CWI Nickel Specialty Series Monel K500 is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy which combines the superior corrosion resistance of alloy 400 with an enhanced strength and hardness. UNS N05500 – Al: 2.3-3.15%, Ni: 63.0-70.0%, Ti: 0.35-0.85% and Cu: 27.0-33.0% with full chemistry to ASTM B865
- Inconel® 625 - CWI Nickel Specialty Series Inconel 625 is a nickel-based alloy used for its high strength as well as outstanding corrosion resistance.
UNS N06625 – Cr: 20.0-23.0%, Mo: 8.0-1.0% Ni: 58.0% min and Cb: 3.15-4.15%
- Inconel® 825 - CWI Nickel Specialty Series Inconel 825 is an austenitic nickel-iron-chromium alloy with addition of molybdenum and copper. It has excellent resistance to both reducing and oxidizing environments. UNS N08825 – Cr: 19.5-23.5%, Cu: 1.5-3.0%, Mo: 2.5-3.5%, Ni: 38.0-46.0% and Fe: Balance with full chemistry to ASTM B425
- X750 - CWI Specialty Series Alloy X750 is a precipitation hardenable nickel-chromium alloy used for its corrosion and oxidation resistance at temperatures to 1300°F (704°C). UNS N07750 – Al: 0.40-1.0%, Cb: 0.70-1.20%, Cr: 14.0-17.0%, Fe: 5.0-9.0%, Ni: 70% min and Ti: 2.25-2.75% with full chemistry to AMS 5698
- C276 - CWI Nickel Prime Series C276 is a solid-solution-strengthened, nickel-molybdenum-chromium alloy with a small amount of tungsten, which exhibits excellent corrosion resistance in a wide range of aggressive environments. UNS N10276 – Cr: 14.5-16.5%, Fe: 4.0-7.0, Mo: 15.0-17.0% and balance Nickel, per ASTM B574
- MP35N® - CWI Nickel Prime Series MP35N®* is a multi-phase, nickel-cobalt based alloy that has a unique combination of ultrahigh tensile strength, good toughness and excellent corrosion resistance. UNS R30035 – Cr: 19.0-21.0%, Mo: 9.0-10.5%, Ni: 33.0-37.0% and Co: Balance per AMS 5844
- Alloy 20 (20Cb3) - CWI Nickel Prime Series 20 (20Cb3) is an iron-based, austenitic alloy with outstanding corrosion resistance in a number of different environments. It also offers an excellent resistance to hot sulfuric acid. UNS N08020 – Cr: 19.0-21.0%, Cu: 3.0-4.0%, Mo: 2.0-3.0%, Ni: 32.0-38.0% and Cb: 8xC – 1.0% with full chemistry to ASTM B471, B473 and B475
- 904L - CWI Hi-Strength Series Stainless 904L is a low carbon, high alloy austenitic stainless steel designed for moderate to high corrosion resistance in a wide range of process environments. UNS N08904 – Cr: 19.0%-23.0%, Mo: 4.0-5.0%, Ni: 23.0-28.0%, CU: 1.0-2.0%
The above alloys exhibit excellent corrosion resistance in a range of environments and should be considered for your next challenging application. Whether your need slicklines for downhole applications, shaped wire for an oil and gas filtration screen, spring wire for a challenging equipment build, or simply bulk round wire for a forming project, we can help you engineer the right solution for your market.
Visit www.centralwire.com to learn more about what we can offer.